The New Orleans Northshore is all about Nature and Healthy Living. Check us out.
40149 Crowe's Landing Road - Pearl River / Slidell, La. - Phone(985) 863-9981
Click blue baloons on the map above to see what is in each New Orleans Northshore Nature areas
Links below are in blue text.
- Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Management Area. - Features nature trails. (Slidell)
- Camp Salmen Nature Park - Trails and historic site. (Slidell)
- Honey Island State Wildlife Management Area -. Trails (Sliidell)HI Swamp
- Big Branch National Wildlife Management Area -. Trails and Wildlife Center. Sometimes offers -Free canue tours (Lacombe)
- Nature Conservancies - Abita Creek -Flatwoods Preserve - Pitcher Plant trail. (Abita Springs)
- Fountainbleu State Park - Trails, beach & historic site (Mandeville)
- Fairview Riverside State Park - Trails and Historic site. (Mandeville)
- Lake Ramsay Nature Conservancy - Trail - Savanna carnivorous plants and Orchids. (Covington)
- Northlake Nature Center - Forest - (Mandeville)
- The Crosby Arboretum - Indigenous botanicals. (Picayune, Ms.)
- Lake Pontchartrain Causway Bridge.
- Consisting of parallel, 24-mile-long spans, the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway is the world's longest overwater highway bridge and one of the oldest prestressed concrete bridges built in the U.S. Engineers loaded the bridge pieces on barges and towed them to construction points on the lake...
Tours & Attractions
- GOSH Museum - History (Slidell)Slidell Museums
- Slidell Museum - History (Slidell)Slidell Museums
- Dr. Wagner's "Honey Island Swamp Tour" - Swamp tour by boat. (Slidell)Dr Wagner's Honey Island Swamp Tour
- Pearl River ECO Tours - Swamp Tour by Boat (Slidell)Pearl River ECO Tours SWAMP
- Slidell Old Town Antiques & Art (Slidell)Slidell Antiques
- Passionate Platter - Cooking school (Slidell)
- Sky Dive N'awlins - (Slidell)Passionate Platter
- Bayou Lacombe Rural Life Museum - (Lacombe)
- Abita Brewery - Tours - Wed - Sat. 2:PM - Free beer tasting (Abita Springs)Brewery tour/beer tasting
- Abita Mystery House - Eccentric Museum (Abita Springs)UCM Museum
- Covngton Downtown Antiques & Arts (Covington)
- Lake Pontchartrain Basin Maritime Museum (Madisonville)
- Spirit of Holiday Sailing - Get-aways 38' Down East Ketch - Tour of Lake Pontchartrain & the Tchefuncte River. (Madisonville)
- Insta-Gator - Ranch and hatchery (Covington)
- Global Wildlife Center - Exotic animals from Africa (Folsom)
- Folsom Spirits Ghost ToursGhost Tour (Folsom)
- Pontchartrain Vinyard - Tours, Wine Tastings. (Bush)
- Pontcartoula Antiques District- (Pontchartoula)
- St. Tammany Trace - 26+ miles -Bike, Skate, Walk, or Jog (covers the entire Parish/County)
- Picayune Antique Shopping -(Picayune, Ms.)
- What about Golf Courses?
- Oak Harbor (Slidell)
- Pinewood Country Club (Slidell)
- Royal Golf Club (Slidell)
- Abita Springs Golf Club (Abita Springs)
- Money Hll Golf Club (Abita Springs)
- Canoes Available at
- Pearl River ECO Tours in Slidell
- Jet-Ski & Party barge available at
- The Dock in Slidell
- Bicycle s available at
- Kickstand Bike Rental in Mandeville
- Bicycle / Kayak available at
- Bayou Adventure in Lacombe
- Tubing / Canoes available at
- Waynes World Canoeing and Tubing - Bogue Chitto River, Washington Parish
Seven Sisters LA Live Oak - Mandeville, LA.
The Seven Sisters Oak is the largest certified southern live oak tree. Located in Mandeville, Louisiana, it is estimated to be up to 1,500 years old with a trunk that measures 38 feet (11.6 meters). This oak is also the National Champion on the National Register of Big Trees and the Champion Oak of Louisiana according to the Louisiana Forestry Association.
- Salt Water, Fresh Water and Brackish Water .Many good charter guides are available and there are several FREE and PAY boat launches and/or marinas a short distance from the Woodridge B&B. The Woodridge B&B has parking space for a few boats w/ trailers, with advance notice. Debbi may be able to email you info. to review.